Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sesame Salad Stack


I saw this in my mom's southern living magazine and was intrigued by it. I was scared I wasn't going to like this, but I loved it. I ended up eating two plates of it for dinner, and no main dish. Whoops! This makes 6 servings and takes 15 minutes (seriously, it does). I only had to buy a few ingredients too. I had most of them in my pantry already.

What you need:
1 (8 oz) package mixed salad greens
Sesame Won Ton Crisps (recipe below)
1 (8.25 oz) can mandarin orange segments, drained
2 green onions, sliced
6 Tbsp chopped cashews
Fresh Orange-Soy Vinaigrette (recipe below)
S&P to taste

What you need for Sesame Won Ton Crisps:
12 won ton wrappers (found in produce section, by bagged salad for me)
1 Tbsp melted butter (I actually just used spray butter instead)
1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds (I used all white)
1/4 tsp salt

What you need for Orange-Soy Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp freshly grated ginger (I used dried)
1/8 tsp dry mustard
salt to taste

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 425. Place won ton wrappers on a foil lined cookie sheet. Brush one side of each wrapper with butter (or spray butter on like me). Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake at 425 for 5-6 minutes. For dressing, combine dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse 3 - 4 times until smooth. For salad, layer 1/2 cup greens, 1 sesame won ton crisp, 3 tbsp greens, 1 sesame won ton crisp, and 1 tbsp greens on a salad plate. Carefully tuck orange segents into salad greens. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with S&P. Repeat for remaining salds.

No comments:

Post a Comment