Background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chrissys Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Simply put, these are amazing. Chrissy sent me this recipe a while ago and I just got around to making it. I'll admit, anything that involves pounding and butterflying and stuffing just sounds too difficult for me. BUT it wasn't bad at all, and didn't take near as long as I thought. I hope you don't wait to try these like I did, bc they are so so so good!!!

What you need:
Chicken Breasts, trimmed (use your kitchen scissors)
All purpose flour (probably 2 heaping tablespoons)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Breadcrumbs (I used Panko - Japanese breadcrumbs, they are my favorite and I always have them in the pantry)
Thinly Sliced Prosciutto (1 slice per breast)
Goat Cheese Crumbles (1.5 tablespoons per breast)
Oil

What you need to do:
Butterfly chicken breasts and place in large ziplock (folded back together) and pound with a meat mallot . I actually don't own a meat mallot so I got creative and used the handle of my trusty MagLight Flashlight and it worked very well. Anyway, dredge each breast in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Open up the chicken breast and layer one slice of prosciutto and then 1.5 tablespoons of goat cheese and fold chicken back together. Meanwhile, heat oil (Just a thin layer of oil, probably 1/4 inch or so, definitely not enough to cover the chicken) in a large skillet on heat slightly higher than medium. Once pan gets hot, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes per side. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. oh yay! i feel so relevant :-) i hope everyone tries it too... they're awesome!
    love
    chrissy

    ReplyDelete