Background

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

I don't have a picture of this one yet, but don't shy away from making it. It is my go to dish when I need to bring someone a casserole for whatever reason. And I always get asked for the recipe.

What you need:
3 or 4 chicken breasts (better with 4, but ok with 3)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 pint sour cream
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 sleeve of ritz crackers
1 stick of butter or margarine
1/4 cup of butter or margarine (about half a stick)

What you need to do:
Coat the chciken breasts with the 1/4 cup melted butter and stick in the crockpot and pour the rest of the 1/4 cup on them. Cook on low for about 5 hours. (I just put it on at lunch and turn it off when I get home, so its about 5 hours. I'm sure you can do more or less.) The chicken is so succulent this way. If you dont have as much time, you can just boil the chicken or cook it however you want.
When chicken is done, cut it up in bitesized pieces.
Mix together the cut up chicken and sour cream and soup in a casserole dish.
Crush up the Ritz and melt the butter and mix together with the poppy seeds. Put the Ritz Mixture on top of the chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. You'll love this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment