Background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cornmeal Chicken Parmesan


This is so freaking good. I was starving and didn't feel like taking a lot of pictures, so this was the best I did, but its so good. I made the chicken part the night before, and put it in a casserole dish, so all we had to do the next day was bake it and cook some noodles. Which Tommy actually did for me so I had a yummy meal waiting for me when I got home from work!

What you need:
2 large eggs
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal mix
1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
1 (0.7-ounce) package Italian dry salad dressing and seasoning mix
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5 of the thin sliced ones)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow dish, lightly beat eggs. In a separate shallow dish, combine cornmeal mix, panko, and seasoning mix. Dip chicken in eggs; dredge in cornmeal mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Place in a 13x9-inch casserole dish. (I stopped here and put the casserole dish in the fridge to cook the next day). Bake for 15 minutes. Top with pasta sauce and bake 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment