Background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mile High Salsa Pie



I really shouldn't even put this on here because its based off a boxed taco kit, but its so good I wanted everyone to know about it. It's one of Tommy's favorite meals. It tastes way better than it looks.

What You Need:
1 pound ground beef or turkey or chicken
1 Old El Paso Soft Taco Bake dinner kit
1 16 oz jar of salsa
4 oz monterray jack cheese
1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup of water
Tortilla chips (optional)

What You Need To Do:
Preheat oven to 400. Brown meat, drain. Add seasoning mix from kit, water, half of nacho cheese from kit and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium high heat, add kidney beans and the rest of cheese. Simmer for 4 minutes. In a 2 quart casserole dish (I conveniently have a round one that fits the tortillas perfectly), layer tortilla, 1/4 salsa, 1/4 beef mixture, 1/4 cheese and repeat with remaining 3 layers ending with cheese on top. Bake, covered, for 17-22 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Bess! I am totally making this for dinner tonight! Kristin sent me your blog. I am pumped! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she shared with you. Hope you like this recipe! Its freaking good though, so I'm sure you will. Oh and thanks for reading and for the comment. Its good to know someone is out there. :)

    ReplyDelete