Background

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Angel Chicken


My awesome friends made this dish for me for my birthday last year (and let me eat it off of the "celebrate plate" :) I haven't actually cooked it myself, but I've eaten it, and it is very good. Its a crock pot recipe so there isn't much you have to do, except wait.

What you need:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup Tuscan House Italian Dressing
1/4 cup dry white wine
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (Sara used chicken breasts when making it)
1/2 pound angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional garnish)

What you need to do:
Beat cream cheese, soup, dressing, and wine with whisk until blended; pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours (or HIGH 2-3 hours). Cook pasta as directed on package about 15 minutes before chciken is done; drain. Serve topped with chicken mixture and parsley.

Notes: You can save some cals by using Neufchatel Cheese, reduced fat cream of mushroom soup, and light italian dressing. Also, you can substitute water or chicken broth for the wine.

1 comment: