Background

Monday, May 10, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta


So I checked my blog today and I have 5 followers! I know, its only 5, and one is my husband, and one is my sister, but still exciting none the less! Anyway, onto the food. Today's recipe is awesome and fairly fast (40 minutes for me) and only serves 2 so you don't have a ton of lefties.

What You Need:
1 cup panko (japanese style breadcrumbs)
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (I just used dried thyme and it was good)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness (I absolutely hate when recipes say to pound the chicken to 1/4 thickness bc I can never do it. Instead, I buy the thinly sliced breasts and it works wonderfully.)
1-2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
Creamy Cheesy Pasta (See prior post)

In a shallow dish, combine panko, thyme, salt & pepper; set aside. Brush both sides of chicken with mustard. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes. Add remaining oil to skillet, turn chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Place chicken on a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Spoon Creamy Cheesy Pasta onto serving plates. Place chicken over pasta. I served with roasted asparagus (recipe coming tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment