Background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

White Cheddar Grits


This is the White Cheddar Grits that go with the Shrimp and Grits. And all my pics looked terrible so I took a picture of the magazine (above).

What you need:
2 (32 oz) cartons reduced sodium chciken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups white stone ground grits
2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese

What you need to do:
In a large saucepan, combine broth, cream, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Slowly add grits, whisking until combined. Reduce heat***, and cook, stirring frequently for 40 minutes, or until grits are done. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.

***I reduced heat to low but I dont think that was right. The grits did not come out as thick as I wanted, so I called my mom, a grits expert, and she said to keep the heat higher so more of the broth heats off, or to not put as much broth in. Next time I make this I will just heat it on medium or almost medium the entire time. They were still very good, and all 8-10 servings were gone in 3 days, I just like them thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment