Background

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

This is an awesome recipe I got from my mother in law. I actually made it Saturday when I had company, but it was gone before I remembered to even take the picture. Sorry! Needless to say, this is always gone very fast and is awesome because you can make it ahead of time.

What you need:
1 pound of pork sausage (I use hot)
8 slices of bread toasted and buttered (I usually skip the toasting and buttering)
2 cups of grated cheese
2 cups of milk
6 eggs
1 tsp of dry mustard

What you need to do:
Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Cut toasted and buttered bread into bite size pieces and place in the casserole dish (use your kitchen shears to save time if you have some). Brown and crumple the sausage and then drain grease. Spread over the toast. Spread cheese over the sausage. Beat the eggs, mustard and milk together. Pour over the bread/sausage/cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The casserole is done when it is brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment