Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tomato and Balsamic Bruschetta



These are pretty little apps that are great and refreshing! I love the touch of cream cheese and balsamic on there. This is another from the cream cheese cookbook. :) Makes 16 apps, but I think I got more than that out of mine. Bread must have been bigger or sliced thinner.

What you need:
1 loaf french bread (16 oz) cut into 16 slices
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 8oz tub Cream Cheese (I got the whipped kind so it was easier to spread)
16 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup slivered red onions
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar (I was out so I skipped this)
1/8 tsp each S&P
1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves

What you need to do:
Heat oven to 400. Place bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 3-4 minutes on each side until toasted on both sides. Rub one side of each slice with cut side of garlic. Cool. Spread each toast slice with 1 tbsp cream cheese; top with tomatoes and onion. Whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, S&P until well blended. Drizzle over toast slices. Top with basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment