Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast



Oh my gaaaaaaa. I love peanut butter so this was right up my alley. Others said it was too rich for them but not me! I happily ate two servings of this and loved every bite. You'll want a glass of milk with this!

What you need:
1/2 cup granola
8 slices white bread
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
1 banana peeled and thinly sliced (I skipped this)
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Maple Syrup

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 350. Place granola in a shallow bowl; set aside. Spread each slice of bread with PB and drizzle honey over that. Divide the banana slices over 4 slices of bread and top with remaning bread, peanut butter sides down. Remove the crusts and tightly pinch the edges of each sandwich to seal. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Soak each sandwich in egg mixture for 5 seconds. Roll the edges of each sandwich in granola. In a large skillet (I used my pancake griddle instead), heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the sandwichwiches and cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with maple syrup.

Next time I would probably omit the whole granola thing. It didn't stick to mine well and didn't add much to the dish. I'd also not spend time taking the crusts off.

No comments:

Post a Comment