Background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Double Cheese Sandwiches


I served these to go with the white chicken chili tonight. They were really good! And again, really easy. Great little side item for soup. This also serves 4.

What you need:
1 can (8oz) Crescent rolls
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted (I just used spreadable country crock and didn't melt mine)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

What you need to do:
Separate dough into 4 long rectangles and press perforations to seal. Place cheeses on one side of each rectangle. Fold dough over cheeses; press edges with fork to seal. Place on cookie sheet. Brush tops with melted butter (I just spread country crock over the top with a knife). Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

I then cut them in half diagonally bc they looked cuter that way. I had a problem with cheese spilling out all over the cookie sheet. I must not have sealed the edges good enough. They still looked and tasted fine, but lost a lot of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment