Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mini Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecakes


I made these for a couples shower this weekend and these are a huge hit! Super delicious and really cute. Note: The below recipe is how I made them. Paula's recipe calls for twice the filling that I used. But I preferred the more chocolatey bottom. This makes 24 2 inch cheese cakes.

What you need:
Crust:
2 1/4 cup crushed chcolate wafer cookies (I used oreos with filling scooped out)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Filling:
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon strawberry extract
1 large egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
Garnish: Whipped Cream, strawberry heart cutouts

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 350. For crust, in a small bowl, combine crushed cookies, sugar, belted butter, and egg white, stirring well. Press mixture into bottom of 24 2 inch foil cheese cake cups*****, or a mini cheesecake pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and strawberry extract at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, flour, and food coloring. Spoon batter into prepared crusts and bake for 16-18 minutes or until centers are set. Cool completely. Store, covered, in fridge for up to 3 days. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberry heart cutouts

*****I had to get these 2 inch foil cups for another dessert I made, and I could only find them on amazon in bulk! I had to buy 24 boxes of these! Hopefully you'll have better luck finding them. Or maybe have a mini cheesecake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment