Background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Creamy Italian Chicken & Orzo Skillet


You wouldn't think something this simple would be this delicious and have this much flavor! We both loved this recipe and it only took 20 minutes. We even think that it would be good without the chicken, and with more veggies (if you can believe that). I got this recipe off the package of one of the new Philadelphia Cooking Cremes.

Hint: In my grocery store, it was in the fridge section beside the bertolli pastas and the feta cheese, and not the cream cheese as you would expect. Also for you couponers out there, a recent Sunday paper had a coupon for the cooking creme and I ended up only paying $0.49 for it.

What you need:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (I actually used a 9 oz package of perdue short cuts, precooked and trimmed chicken)
1 small zucchini, chopped (I just sliced mine)
1 tub (10oz) Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 cups hot cooked orzo pasta (I measured out 1 cup of dry orzo and cooked it and it was plenty)

What you need to do:
Cook chicken and zucchini in a large skillet on medium for about 6 or 7 minutes or until chicken is done (since my chicken was precooked, I just cooked until zucchini looked tender). Add cooking creme and tomatoes and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over orzo. THAT'S IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment